5 Benefits of Having a Blog for Your Business
Do you own a business? Chances are you have wondered if blogging is worth the time and effort. The short answer is a resounding YES!
Here are some of the most important benefits of having a blog for your business:
1. Boost SEO – Search Engine Optimization. Search engines love fresh content. Blogs are a great way to provide frequent content. What better way to offer regular content than with blog posts. By blogging regularly, you will give Google and other search engines new content to index and you will have an opportunity to use keywords to increase your visibility on search engine results pages.
2. Blogging allows you to stay connected with your website visitors. Develop Relationships with Existing and Potential Customers. This can be accomplished by asking your readers to leave comments and feedback at the end of each post. This will get the conversation started. By reading and responding to readers’ comments, you can create a relationship with your audience, build trust, and gain valuable insight into what your customers are looking for.
3. Establish Your Business as an Industry Leader and Expert. You will build trust and credibility within your industry by providing valuable, expert information in your blog posts. Over time, you will become the “go to” resource for helpful, informative content, which can eventually lead to higher customer conversion rates. This is especially important for small businesses that are looking to gain credibility to compete with larger companies.
4. Blog posting allows you to show the personal side of your business. Blogging connects people to your brand that current and perspective customers won’t see through other marketing techniques. Blogging gives your company an image and personality.
5. Every time you blog will create opportunities for sharing. You will be creating opportunities to have others share your blog posts. Your readers might link to your blog post, tweet it, or email it to others, it’s free marketing and it further validates you as a credible business.
Having a blog for your business just makes sense.
Your own personal blog will build trust and credibility, boost search engine rankings, increase website traffic, and create relationships with potential and current customers.
This is an opportunity that no business should pass up.